Business Development Internship
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, our employee-owners, and our community. We are a 100% employee-owned IT strategy and managed services provider and we pride ourselves on providing engineering excellence and superior customer service.
Through our paid internship program, interns gain front-line IT industry experience and real-world business development skills by working on a variety of technical projects with small teams. In addition to tangible, hands-on learning experiences, our program provides mentorship & professional networking opportunities that prepare possible future employee candidates for a successful transition to a career in Information Technology.
- Summer internship program runs for 13-weeks, May 23rd – August 19th, 2022.
- Our internships are full-time, paid positions, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Application Process Opens: December 1st, 2021 │Application deadline: February 28, 2022
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
We are looking for a Business Development Intern to join our team to build capacity in our Sales & Marketing organization. In this internship, you will have the opportunity to work on improving business development & sales processes, work to analyze customer and market segment data, and work with a variety of software applications to support our sales team, as well as prospective and existing customers. You’ll find autonomy, mentorship, and development opportunities in an open and collaborative environment.
PROJECTS | RESPONSIBILITIES | FOCUS AREAS
- Support Business Development activities through customer prospecting activities.
- Create and refine sales proposal templates and build out sales presentation content.
- Works cross-collaboratively with sales leadership on application conversion projects & tasks as it relates to quoting and CRM processes.
- Gather & analyze actionable data to inform sales forecasting, opportunity lifecycles, and sales activity reporting through dashboards and data visualization.
- Collaborate with Marketing team members on application conversion tasks, messaging updates, and special projects.
- Progress towards a degree/academic program in Business Administration, Business Development, Business Management, Consulting and/or Information Technology.
- Experience working on business process improvement projects & documents (proposals, policies, reports, etc.)
- Positive, professional, and outgoing personality with the ability to work both in a team environment and directly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable speaking on the phone and presenting to small and medium-sized groups.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams), PowerBI experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle competing goals and deadlines in fast-paced environments.
EMPLOYEE-OWNED AND PROUD! Systems Engineering is in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland close to the waterfront, trails, and restaurants. We have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work and pride ourselves on being active in the community. It is a great place to work because of our outstanding workplace culture and the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Learn more at systemsengineering.com/internships
Questions about our Internship Program: firstname.lastname@example.org