Project Management Organization Internship
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, our employee-owners, and our community. We are a 100% employee-owned IT strategy and managed services provider and we pride ourselves on providing engineering excellence and superior customer service.
Through our paid internship program, interns gain front-line IT industry experience and real-world business development skills by working on a variety of technical projects with small teams. In addition to tangible, hands-on learning experiences, our program provides mentorship & professional networking opportunities that prepare possible future employee candidates for a successful transition to a career in Information Technology.
- Summer internship program runs for 13-weeks, May 23rd – August 19th, 2022.
- Our internships are full-time, paid positions, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Application Process Opens: December 1st, 2021 │Application deadline: February 28, 2022
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION INTERNSHIP
The purpose of our Project Management Internship is to prepare possible future employee candidates for a successful transition to a customer service or entry-level project coordinator role and begin a career in IT Project Management. Through our internship program, interns will gain front-line customer service experience and real-world project management skills by working on a variety of technical projects with small teams.
PROJECTS | RESPONSIBILITIES | FOCUS AREAS
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Work collaboratively with clients, Account Managers, and engineering teammates to handle service requests and facilitate problem resolution.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Help design, plan, and schedule a variety of technology solutions for customers across a range of industries.
- EMPLOYEE SUCCESS: Support a variety of special projects related to Employee Success in the recruitment, new hire onboarding, and workplace culture pillars (Employee-Ownership, Community Engagement, and Health & Well-Being).
- Demonstrated interest in IT project management, customer service, and/or information technology.
- Progress toward a degree/academic program in Information Technology, Business, Computer Science, Technology Management, or another related field.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel), video collaboration tools, and is comfortable speaking on the phone.
- Comfortable presenting to small and medium-sized groups.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong collaboration mindset, demonstrated problem-solving ability, eagerness to learn.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle competing goals and deadlines in fast-paced environments.
EMPLOYEE-OWNED AND PROUD! Systems Engineering is in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland close to the waterfront, trails, and restaurants. We have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work and pride ourselves on being active in the community. It is a great place to work because of our outstanding workplace culture and the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
Systems Engineering Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more at systemsengineering.com/internships
Questions about our Internship Program: firstname.lastname@example.org