Business Development Manager | New Hampshire
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Systems Engineering is seeking a full-time Business Development Manager to join our growing sales team in Manchester, New Hampshire to drive growth within our markets. Our Sales Organization plays a critical customer-facing role by attracting and cultivating new business relationships across a broad range of industry verticals. You will establish yourself as a trusted adviser, helping customers solve business problems with technical solutions using a consultative, relationship-based approach.
Every day, you can expect to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds and from different industries. You will learn about how we partner with small and medium-sized businesses to keep their systems secure and reliable, while also enabling the power of technology to help their businesses grow.
We are looking for a goal-oriented, highly-motivated technical sales professional who possesses strong organizational and communication skills, excels in establishing and maintaining loyal business relationships, and has a passion for technology and continuous learning.
- Communicate and sell IT business solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders including but not limited to C-Suite leaders, business owners, and IT leaders, managers, and administrators.
- Strategically generate leads and attract and develop new business relationships – identify, qualify, and secure opportunities in pursuit of sales revenue. Understand Systems Engineering’s Managed Services and product portfolio and engage customers using a consultative approach of understanding their business and applying our solutions and processes for solving customer problems.
- Develop and implement a prospecting strategy and manage proposal generation activities that will support sales quota attainment.
- Develop and communicate position-based business cases for technical solutions and service plans to prospective customers. Onboard new clients by communicating, negotiating, and closing technology solutions.
- Work collaboratively with internal technical teams for the development of technical solutions for a broad range of customers, ensuring we continue to provide exceptional service for the value-added service offerings provided by Systems Engineering.
What We’re Looking For
- Three years’ related experience in a business-to-business technology sales environment (IT Services, Managed Services Provider, Telecommunications, Software Sales, or similar).
- Industry knowledge* of Information Technology products, services, software, and telecommunication services including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Technologies: Office 365, Teams, Azure, Windows Servers
- Cisco Technologies: Switching, Routing, Wireless, WebEx, WebEx Teams, Telephony
- VMWare: Server Virtualization
- Security Antivirus, MFA, Disaster Recovery & Backup
- Compliance: Information Security Policies
*Systems Engineering provides specific product and services training to new hires through our robust onboarding process.
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to communicate with technical and non-technical business leaders in healthcare, banking, legal, accounting, engineering, and/or compliance-driven industries.
- Be a life-long learner with a passion for success and possess a strong desire for understanding the application of technical solutions for solving business problems.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft O365 Suite, Microsoft Teams, and Cisco WebEx/WebEx Teams strongly desired.
Our Benefits & Culture
Located in the Brady Sullivan Tower just steps from downtown Manchester, we pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training & certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.