Business Development Manager | New Hampshire
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, employees, and the community.
Systems Engineering is seeking a full-time Business Development Manager to join our growing sales team in Manchester, New Hampshire, to drive growth within our markets. Our Sales Organization plays a critical customer-facing role by attracting and cultivating new business relationships across a broad range of industry verticals. You will establish yourself as a trusted adviser, helping customers solve business problems with technical solutions using a consultative, relationship-based approach.
Every day, you can expect to work with various people from different backgrounds and different industries. As a result, you will see many small and medium-sized businesses in action and learn about how we partner with them to keep their systems secure and reliable while also enabling the power of technology to help their businesses grow.
We are looking for a goal-oriented, highly motivated technical sales professional who possesses strong organizational and communication skills, excels in establishing and maintaining loyal business relationships, and has a passion for technology and continuous learning.
- Communicate and sell IT business solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including but not limited to, C-Suite leaders, business owners, and IT leaders, managers, and administrators.
- Strategically generate leads. Attract and develop new business relationships – identify, qualify, and secure opportunities to pursue sales revenue. Understand Systems Engineering’s Managed Services and product portfolio. Engage customers using a consultative approach to understanding their business and applying our solutions and processes for solving customer problems.
- Develop and implement a prospecting strategy and manage proposal generation activities that will support sales quota attainment.
- Develop and communicate position-based business cases for technical solutions and service plans to prospective customers. Onboard new clients by communicating, negotiating, and closing technology solutions.
- Work collaboratively with internal technical teams to develop technical solutions for a broad range of customers. Ensure we continue to provide exceptional service for the value-added service offerings provided by Systems Engineering.
What We’re Looking For
- Three years of related experience in a business-to-business technology sales environment (IT Services, Managed Services Provider, Telecommunications, Software Sales, or similar).
- Industry knowledge* of information technology products, services, software, and telecommunication services including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Technologies: Office 365, Teams, Azure, Windows Servers
- Cisco Technologies: Switching, Routing, Wireless, WebEx, WebEx Teams, Telephony
- VMWare: Server Virtualization
- Security Antivirus, MFA, Disaster Recovery & Backup
- Compliance: Information Security Policies
*Systems Engineering provides specific product and services training to new hires through our robust onboarding process.
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to communicate with technical and non-technical business leaders in healthcare, banking, legal, accounting, engineering, and/or compliance-driven industries.
- Be a lifelong learner with a passion for success and possess a strong desire to understand the application of technical solutions for solving business problems.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft O365 Suite, Microsoft Teams, and Cisco WebEx/WebEx Teams strongly desired.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the Brady Sullivan Tower, just steps from downtown Manchester. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. Being employee-owned means joining the team and directly contributing to the strategic direction, driving improvements to the working environment, and becoming part of the Systems Engineering community. We take pride in our company culture and are repeatedly recognized as a Best Place to Work company in ME. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the company’s strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs, including health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training & certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.