Customer Service Representative
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to deliver engineering excellence and superior customer service.
Do you love working with teams, helping people, and learning? If so, this may be the opportunity you are looking for. We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative to join the Project Management Organization at Systems Engineering.
Our team plays a critical customer-facing role in delivering our technology solutions. As a team member, you will learn a wide variety of technology solutions across hundreds of customers.
Every day, you can expect to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds and different industries. As a result, you will see a lot of small and medium-sized businesses in action and learn about how we partner with them in problem management and the resolution process. To do this, you will embrace ownership of service requests and strive to deliver exceptional customer service from initial request to final resolution.
If you want a team environment, work with a variety of technologies and customers, and be surrounded by continuous learning opportunities, this is an excellent role for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with clients, Account Managers, and engineering teammates to handle service requests and facilitate problem resolution.
- Coordinate and schedule required technical resources to respond to a variety of routine and/or complex IT issues.
- Participate fully in the problem management and resolution process.
- Provide limited customer service support in response to basic client questions.
- Advocate for the clients and help connect them with the right teammates to bring resolution.
Qualification and Skills
Having a proven knack for problem-solving and the ability to communicate clearly with customers are some key skills that will help you succeed in this role. The team is always learning, so a passion for technology and a track record of continuous learning are also vital.
Other Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to listen, interpret, analyze technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple tasks concurrently
Employee-Owned and Proud!
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland close to the waterfront, trails, and restaurants. We have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work and pride ourselves on being active in the community. Being employee-owned means, you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
Employment Perks at Systems Engineering
- Employee ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Employer 401k matching contributions
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Paid time off starting with three weeks PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave and more
- Engaging wellness [rograms including onsite health coaching, fitness activities, and learning programs
- Various company-sponsored teams and events
- Continuous training, certification opportunities, and professional development programs
- Upward mobility in various career paths
- Dynamic, fun and active community culture
- Paid parking in downtown Portland
- Business casual work attire
- And so much more!