Help Desk Technician
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, our employee-owners, and our community.
We have an immediate opening for a Help Desk Technician to join our growing team. Our Help Desk team plays a critical customer facing role in the ongoing experience and delivery of most of our clients Systems Engineering services.
Our Help Desk Technicians provide end-user technical software, hardware, and network support for professional services client requests via telephone and email. Technicians quickly assess the end-user’s issue and work independently to provide support and problem resolution. Strong listening and communication skills are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide front line technical support to end users on system and application support. Identify, research, troubleshoot, and resolve software problems
- Coordinate with SE technical field staff, client staff, and vendors to ensure effective support of new or existing system or system software
- Escalate unresolved issues expeditiously to others as appropriate
- Accurately update and maintain client documentation within the Client Documentation database
- Assist the delivery of onsite or remote client training in new software and/or technologies
- Provide technical and process assistance as needed
Qualifications and Skills Needed
Associates Degree with a technology emphasis or two year’s related experience is required. Minimum of two years’ experience in a high-volume professional services help desk environment providing support in areas such as desktop hardware and software applications, network printing, and anti-virus/anti-malware is also required.
Demonstrated understanding of networking technology and basic knowledge of troubleshooting procedures is essential. Must possess strong communication and analytical skills along with experience providing customer service excellence.
Experience with current versions of Microsoft Windows and Office suite is required.
Experience troubleshooting Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, and Windows Server 2008-2016 administration is desirable. Familiarity with network troubleshooting. Some exposure to Exchange 2007-2013, O365, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware, Cisco Telephony Software is desired.
Other knowledge and skills:
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to listen, interpret, analyze, and resolve technical issues
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and triage
- Ability to research problems and identify potential solutions
- Ability to defuse potential or actual difficult situations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently is necessary
- Strict confidentiality with respect to client information being accessed, processed, or stored is required
Employee-Owned and Proud!
Located in the heart of the Old Port, Systems Engineering, voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, is a company that takes care of its employees:
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Generous 401k matching contribution (50% on the first 6%)
- Dynamic, fun company culture
- 3 weeks PTO, 7 holidays and 2 optional holidays annually
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company provided Life, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid parking
- Business casual work attire
Systems Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.