Help Desk Technician | Maine or New Hampshire
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, our employee-owners, and our community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
Our Help Desk Team is seeking a full-time Help Desk Technician to join our talented and growing team of IT Professionals in Portland, Maine or Manchester, New Hampshire. Our Help Desk plays a critical customer-facing role in the ongoing experience and delivery of our Managed IT Services, providing end-user technical software, hardware, and network support for clients via telephone and email requests. Technicians quickly assess end-user’s issues and work both independently and with teammates to provide support and problem resolution in a timely manner.
We are looking for a customer-focused, highly-motivated individual, with a strong technical background and a demonstrated ability to solve problems. The right candidate will have exceptional communication and customer service skills, an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Provide front-line technical support to end-users on system and application support. Identify, research, troubleshoot, and resolve software problems.
- Coordinate with the Engineering teams, customer teams, and other technology vendors to ensure effective support of new or existing technology solutions.
- Continuously learn and share information with the team, implement improvements and automation to help the team be effective and efficient in end-user support.
- Assist the delivery of client training in new software and/or technologies.
- Accurately update and maintain client documentation within the Client Documentation database.
- Provide technical and process assistance as needed.
- Escalate unresolved issues expeditiously to others when deemed appropriate.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality policies with respect to client information being accessed, processed, or stored.
What We’re Looking For
- Two years related experience in a high-volume professional service help desk environment with a demonstrated understanding of networking technology and basic knowledge of troubleshooting procedures and/or Associates Degree with a technology emphasis.
- Experience solving problems on various user technology platforms, including server and desktop versions of Windows, Mac OS, and various mobile technologies.
- Knowledge of these technologies:
- Desktop hardware and software applications, network printing, and anti-virus/anti-malware.
- Current versions of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, and Office 365.
- Windows Server administration & experience working with Microsoft Azure desired.
- Some exposure to Microsoft Exchange, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware, Cisco Telephony Software, network switching and firewall platforms, various replication and backup platforms, and remote desktop technology.
- Customer-focused & results-driven ability to deliver high quality & timely technical solutions through effective troubleshooting and triage.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to listen, interpret, analyze, and resolve technical issues and defuse potential or actual difficult situations.
- High attention to detail, ability to think critically and analytically when it comes to researching problems and identifying potential solutions.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks & projects effectively.
- A passion for new technology and a track record of continuous learning.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs, including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training as well as certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.