IT Project Manager
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to deliver engineering excellence and superior customer service.
We have immediate availability for an IT Project Manager to join our growing team. In this role, you will participate in and coordinate the activities of twenty-five to thirty concurrent projects involving all areas of technology, including but not limited to Network Engineering LAN/WAN, Server Hardware, Unified Communications, and Information Security. This includes participating in scope definition, project planning, development of risk mitigation strategies, requirements definition, resource scheduling, and implementation.
Project Managers are expected to demonstrate the ability to clearly present information; read and interpret complex information; interact with client decision-makers; listen well, and work through others to obtain successful results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer complex projects from design and development through production and project close.
- Gather & define requirements to form project scope, goals, assumptions, constraints, and deliverables.
- Define and develop project plans, resourcing schedules, and milestones for project implementations.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Provide leadership and direction to the project team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifying potential problems/issues and adhering to established change management plan.
- Develop communication plans and deliver progress reports on a weekly basis.
- Design and maintain project documentation.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the technology and services offered by Systems Engineering.
- Assist in the education and training of customers on technology solutions, research problems, and coordinate solutions.
- Work closely with account managers to develop, design, refine and present proposals to clients and potential clients.
- Mentoring of company-wide teammates to increase skillsets
- Direct, plan and implement future IT initiatives and the integration of new technologies as well as ownership for corresponding project work.
- Monitor, evaluate and report the level of customer satisfaction and recommend appropriate corrective action. Identify client concerns and recommend customer retention strategies.
- Support and promote the quality standards of Systems Engineering.
- Meet and comply with all company policies, guidelines, and requirements regarding security compliance.
- Perform other tasks in response to daily business needs and as directed.
Qualification and Skills Needed
Strong organizational, customer service, and time management skills are essential. Strong communication skills are also necessary. Must be comfortable interfacing with senior executives at client engagements.
Ability to recognize and defuse potential or actual difficult situations and quickly adapt to changing circumstances and priorities is required.
Knowledge of established (PMBOK) project management methodologies and/or certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired, along with 3-5 years of Project Management or IT Management experience.
Degree in Technology or related field preferred.
Employee-Owned and Proud!
Located in the heart of the Old Port, Systems Engineering has always been one of Maine’s Best Places to Work and we take care of our employees:
- Employee ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Employer 401k matching contributions
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Paid time off starting with three weeks PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave and more
- Engaging Health and Well-being program including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, free onsite programs, and activities
- Various company-sponsored teams and events
- Continuous training, certification opportunities, and professional development programs
- Upward mobility across multiple career paths
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture
- Paid parking in downtown Portland
- Business casual work attire
- And so much more!
Systems Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.