Monitoring Technician | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, our employee-owners, and our community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
With these aspirations in mind, we have an immediate opening for a full-time Monitoring Technician.
Our Network Monitoring team provides 24/7/365 monitoring to keep on top of the health of clients’ networks. We capture key metrics (e.g., disk space availability, CPU utilization, memory usage, and server room temperature,) to ensure networks are running at peak performance. Importantly, our monitoring service includes automated server patching to protect servers from recently discovered security vulnerabilities.
As a Monitoring Technician, you will seek to understand the impact of network issues as they relate to the continuity of our customer’s business operations.
We are looking for a customer-focused, highly motivated individual, with a strong technical background and a demonstrated ability to solve problems. The right candidate will have exceptional communication and customer service skills, an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Monitor customer network activities generated through the N-Central monitoring application.
- Coordinate with vendors, account managers, internal technical and client staff to ensure effective implementation of new systems or systems software.
- Remediate Level 1 tickets generated by N-Central and assigned to the Managed Services queue.
- Identify, prioritize, document, notify and resolve network related issues. Escalate to Tech II, as needed.
- Follow all Systems Engineering development and documentation standards.
- This position requires rotational on-call responsibilities.
For immediate consideration, click here to apply.
What We’re Looking For
- Associate’s Degree in a computer related field and/or 2+ years of related technical experience required; current A+ or Network+ certification strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Server and desktop OS, Exchange, and desktop applications required.
- Knowledge of N-Central desirable.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical business leaders & coworkers.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks & projects effectively.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A passion for new technology and a track record of continuous learning.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs, including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training as well as certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.