Network Administrator II | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
Our Engineering Team is seeking a full-time Network Administrator II to join our talented and growing team of IT Professionals in Portland, Maine. Network Administrators are responsible for supporting and maintaining servers and workstations at customer locations and aid Network Engineers in the repair and deployment of network servers.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot Microsoft Technologies, such as Server, Exchange, Office 365, and Azure.
- Manage and support Citrix XenApp 7.x product line.
- Manage and support VMWare and Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies.
- Comfortable working with server hardware in performing diagnostics, maintenance, and component replacement, as necessary.
We are looking for a customer-focused, highly motivated individual, with a strong technical background that has excellent communication skills, an aptitude for working with and learning modern technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Carry out preventive health care checks on clients’ computing environments.
- Maintain client hardware and software solutions that include patching and/or upgrades.
- Help with the installation of network equipment.
- Proactively review and resolve network, system, and performance issues.
- Be the client advocate in coordinating technical, client personnel, and vendors to ensure the efficient implementation of new systems, software, or troubleshooting customer’s IT needs.
- Make use of client documentation, online reference information, and ticket history in solving technical problems.
- Provide effective and efficient customer support in-person or through remote management tools in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving computer hardware, software, and network issues.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, and project a positive corporate image.
- Stay up to date with modern technologies and solutions.
What We are Looking For
- A combination of professional technical experience, education, and/or professional certifications in:
- Azure, Office 365, and/or Microsoft Server technologies
- Experience and knowledge of:
- Windows Server & Network Administration
- Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange & Outlook clients
- Microsoft Azure
- VMwareCitrix 7.x
- Demonstrated experience in PC diagnostics, workstation deployment, server troubleshooting.
- Customer-focused & results-driven ability to deliver high quality and timely technical solutions.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to think critically and analytically.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks & projects effectively.
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work.
We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.