Network Engineer II | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Systems Engineering is seeking a full-time Network Engineer II to join our talented and growing team of IT Professionals in Portland, Maine. Our Network Engineering team supports many customers throughout Northern New England. Working independently and collaboratively, Network Engineers plan, design, deploy, operate, and optimize IT environments. They are responsible for complex configuration, installation, diagnosis, and administration of computer environment software, hardware, and communications to support our customers.
We are looking for a customer-focused and highly motivated individual who has a strong technical background. The right applicant will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills, and an aptitude for working and learning modern technologies.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills
- Ability to install, set up, and troubleshoot Microsoft Technologies, such as Server, Exchange, Office 365, and Azure.
- Proficient in working with Citrix XenApp 7.x product line.
- Ability to install, set up, and troubleshoot VMWare and Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies.
- Comfortable working with server hardware. Perform diagnostics, maintenance, and component replacement as necessary.
- Proactively identify and resolve network, system, and performance issues.
- Act as the principal technical contact for assigned clients. Proactively support the technical aspects of the client’s corporate network, and serve as a resource to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate issues.
- Work closely with account managers to help design, refine, and present proposals to clients.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to network administrators, junior network engineers, and account managers in areas of expertise.
- Help to create standard build guidelines and ensure products and services follow Systems Engineering standards and best practices.
- Deliver effective and efficient customer support, in-person, or through remote management tools. Support includes diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving computer hardware, software, and network issues.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, projecting a positive company image.
- Stay up to date with modern technologies and solutions.
What We’re Looking For
- A robust combination of professional experience, education, and/or professional certifications:
- Microsoft Certifications in Azure, Office 365, and/or Server technologies
- VMWare Certifications (VCA and/or VCP)
- Citrix Certifications
- Advanced knowledge in (3) of these technologies:
- Windows Server & Network Administration
- Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange & Outlook clients
- Microsoft Azure
- Citrix 7.x
- Demonstrated experience in PC diagnostics, workstation deployment, server troubleshooting end-user problem resolution.
- Customer-focused & results-driven ability to deliver high quality and timely technical solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to think critically and analytically.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.