NOC Engineer – Voice
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Our Network Operations Center (NOC) is seeking a full-time Infrastructure Engineer who specializes in Voice Engineering to join our talented & growing team of IT Professionals. Our NOC team is responsible for helping hundreds of customers throughout Northern New England run premier technology solutions. NOC Engineers are an integral part of a collaborative team responsible for providing Tier-II escalated-level support to our Managed Services customer base.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong technical background in voice engineering, committed to quality engineering, and unsurpassed customer service. The right candidate will have great communication & problem-solving skills, an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, leading customers through technology issues from triage to resolution.
- Be accountable for problem-solving in a wide variety of technologies and industries.
- Use exceptional judgment on risk and openly share information with customers and teammates through all phases of the process.
- Build expertise in monitoring, security, and incident management platforms and process.
- Employ and improve Systems Engineering standard methodologies to deliver consistent and effective solutions.
- Mentor & lead other teammates by sharing knowledge and guidance that improves the overall team effectiveness and enhances the team’s growth.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement and one-team mentality, continuously adapt to new technology, regularly learning new stacks while building depth in other areas.
- Update documentation, automate recurring tasks, and use creativity to test new solutions.
- Act as a security authority both internally and externally while continuously improving your security expertise.
What We’re Looking For
- Proven troubleshooting experience resolving complex voice issues with all Cisco UC products including, but not limited to:
- CUCM, CUC, IMP&P, UCCX, CER Servers, CUBE, CME/CUE, and Voice Gateways.
- Experience with the full range of Cisco Telepresence products including VCSC/VCSE integrations, as well as Cisco WebEx hosted phones.
- Experience with, and understanding of MGCP, H323, and SIP.
- Executing device moves/adds/changes using Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM).
- Experience gathering debugs, diags, and information to work with Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
- Support in ordering, maintaining, and troubleshooting PRI and SIP voice circuits with the respective carriers.
- Possess strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills; demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, as well as committed to being a great teammate; take ownership of assigned tasks and drive to resolution with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to obtain business solutions.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills,; ability to adapt to changing priorities, as needed.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work.
We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.