Programmer – Power Platform | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
We’re seeking a full-time, self-motivated Programmer to join our established and growing Software Solutions Team. This team plays a critical customer-facing role in delivering software solutions to diverse industries to meet our client’s technology needs. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of applications using the Microsoft Power Platform: Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI.
We’re looking for an individual who has a passion for application development, is an enthusiastic, motivated, and self-driven individual with a readiness to jump in and contribute to our growing team.
- Design, build, and support Power Platform applications, both independently and collaboratively. Work directly with clients and the team to either assist or lead all phases of application development including planning, designing, deploying, operating, and optimizing unique solutions.
- Assist users in their Systems Engineering supported applications, including answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and providing training.
- Develop applications from detailed specifications within estimated timeframes, modify applications to fulfill user-provided requirements based on support agreements, and test applications after modification to ensure that they operate as requested.
- Assist team members with:
- Application audits and technical documentation
- Proposal, estimate, and specification development
- Solution architecture
- Interface design
- Client and vendor communications
- Application deployments
- Test plan design
- Research and evaluate new technologies in your area of expertise, new standards, and new releases (upgrades) in response to requests and upon your own initiative.
- Be proactive in identifying and offering opportunities for improvement to Systems Engineering operations and offerings and follow all development and documentation standards.
What We’re Looking For
- A combination of professional technical experience and education in Information Technology.
- 1+ years hands-on development experience with Microsoft Power Platform and well-versed with Power Apps, Power BI, and Power Automate (Flow).
- Hands-on experience developing Power Apps, canvas apps, and Power Automate Flows.
- Working knowledge of Power Apps formulas and development methods.
- Experience automating business processes with Power Automate (Flow).
- Power BI experience; understanding of how to implement BI dashboards with multiple data sources a plus.
- Possess outstanding organization and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members and other departments.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record. *
*This position requires some travel and onsite engagement in New England.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work.
We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.