Project Coordinator | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned, which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
We are seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to join our Project Management team. This team plays a critical customer-facing role coordinating complex projects from production through project close in a collaborative team environment. You will be exposed to a wide variety of technology solutions and work with hundreds of customers, delivering communication plans and progress reports on an ongoing basis.
Every day, you can expect to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds and from different industries. As a result, you will see a lot of small and medium-sized businesses in action and learn about how we partner with them to keep their systems secure and reliable while also enabling the power of technology to help their businesses grow.
We are looking for a customer-focused and highly motivated team player who enjoys helping people, working on project teams, and being surrounded by continuous learning opportunities.
- Define and develop resourcing schedules, identify milestones for project implementations and proactively address changes in scope, identify issues and manage changes.
- Work collaboratively with clients, account managers, and engineering teammates to handle service requests and facilitate problem resolution.
- Design and maintain detailed project documents and provide customer support as needed.
- Help design, plan, and schedule a variety of technology solutions for customers across a range of industries.
- Understanding of computer technologies and services is required.
- Strong organizational, customer service, and time management skills are essential.
- Strong communication skills are also necessary, experience working with multiple communciation platforms and channels is required.
- Ability to recognize and defuse potential or actual difficult situations and quickly adapt to changing situations and priorities is required.
- A desire to work with teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and engage in constant learning opportunities to grow skills.
- This is a hybrid role with an onsite work requirement at our offices at least 2 days a week, standard work hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – As an employee-owner, you directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Community Engagement benefits including (8) hours of paid community volunteer time & employer-charitable match.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, and onsite fitness facilities.
- Career mobility and professional development, with employer-supported training, learning, and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Hybrid Workplace, which fosters collaboration, mentorship, and training & development opportunities across our organization.
- Employer-provided parking at our office locations.