Part-Time IT Project Manager – Contractor | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
We have an immediate need for an IT Project Manager. This role is expected to engage for a 6-9 month period and act as the primary point of contact for a CRM implementation within Systems Engineering. This person will be responsible for driving weekly status meetings, obtaining information required by the implementation team, and ensuring accountability for deliverables. This position is a temporary and part-time role expected to work between 8-16 hours per week for 6-9 months.
- Manage status reports and weekly status calls. Review completed progress for that week, update the project plan, and discuss the next steps.
- Maintain and update all project documentation in a central repository.
- Hold program admins, subject matter experts, and power users accountable for deliverables.
- Drive working sessions to review targeted topics including functionality review, setup, and items to be completed before the next session.
- Maintain a regular cadence of communication to Systems Engineering’s employee-owners and leadership on the current status of implementation, approach, and training.
- Document and maintain the status of any product or implementation risk/concern.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifying potential problems/issues, and adhering to established change management plans.
- Meet and comply with all company policies, guidelines, and requirements regarding security compliance.
- Perform other tasks in response to daily business needs and as directed.
What We’re Looking For
- Project Managers are expected to demonstrate the ability to clearly present information, read and interpret complex information, interact with decision makers, listen well, and work through others to obtain successful results.
- Strong organization, customer service, and time management skills are essential.
- Must be comfortable interfacing with senior executives, and possess strong communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and defuse potential and actual risks and difficult situations.
- Quickly adapt to changing situations and priorities as required.
- Understanding of established Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodologies and/or certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification in Technology or related field preferred.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.