Senior Technology Consultant
Our growing Advisory Services team is seeking a full-time Senior Technology Consultant to work with our clients in a variety of verticals throughout New England. In this position, consultants work with customers to deliver professional consultative services in a variety of areas, including technology strategy, information security, compliance, risk management, business continuity, and information technology (IT) best practices. Senior Consultants often work with clients undergoing significant organizational changes (M&A, downsizing, rapid growth, changes in leadership) and need the expertise to guide IT through these challenges.
We are looking for a client-centered, highly motivated individual, with a strong consulting background. The right candidate will have robust leadership experience with C-Suite level teams in IT strategy, cybersecurity, and business continuity planning. Additionally, a proven track record of innovation, collaboration, and strategic thinking is a must.
- Deliver strategic CIO-level consultation to clients. Work independently with clients to develop and implement technology strategies, roadmaps, and long-term visions supporting overall organizational health for clients.
- Work independently with clients’ C-Suite teams to develop critical IT business policies and procedures to produce the desired outcomes.
- Provide collaborative project oversight & technical direction with clients and other team members to create detailed project plans that may include Vendor & Application Management.
- Develop, maintain, and update a variety of policy, governance, and cybersecurity documentation for clients. The documentation includes the following: DR Strategy & Redundancy, Information Security, Incident Response, Acceptable Use policies, Business Continuity Plans, and Cybersecurity Risk Assessments that identify compliance gaps.
- Support in the coordination of client training and create end-user training plans for organizations.
- Assemble, analyze, and deliver comprehensive IT risk assessments that document the “State of the State” for clients and make appropriate recommendations.
- Identify and communicate recommended cybersecurity and business continuity controls, plans, and deficiencies for clients, to create actionable reports for clients.
What We’re Looking For
- MBA, MS, or similar degree with 10 years of progressively responsible experience, 3+ years of consulting experience preferred; possess a strong understanding of technology fundamentals.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills especially with C-Suite level teams.
- A highly motivated, client-oriented, results-driven individual who is passionate about delivering innovative solutions; eager to take responsibility & ownership of IT strategy for clients; experience conducting risk assessments & IT governance policies.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to think critically and analytically, along with demonstrated organizational, negotiation, and staff management abilities.
- CISSP* or similar certifications preferred. *Can be obtained within six months of hire date, experience with HIPAA, GLBA, PCI, and/or NIST compliance & cloud security technologies, including Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Mobility + Security suite.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training & certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.
Systems Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.