Shipping and Receiving Clerk | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
Our Inventory Team is seeking a part-time Shipping & Receiving Clerk to support inbound and outbound requests for both internal team members and customers. This onsite position will support the Inventory Specialist to organize inbound orders, document and maintain changes to shipping and receiving information, and communicate changes to internal departments.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with an interest in inventory control and who possesses exceptional organizational skills. The right candidate will be a great communicator, be detailed oriented, and enjoy being part of a team to deliver great service.
- Review Daily Reports:
- Note pricing variances and discrepancies in quantity.
- Update tracking information and ETA\ETD within ConnectWise, our Core CRM Application.
- Shipping & Receiving Responsibilities:
- Receive Drop Shipments and virtual orders.
- Receive equipment via Loading Dock from FedEx, UPS, USPS, and General Couriers.
- Maintain Inventory Queue for shipping requests.
- Schedule pick-up and deliveries with general couriers.
- Maintain packing lists for received items to ensure accuracy and delivery of orders.
- Organize items in receiving for engineering engagement and inventory.
- Notify departments of received equipment for critical projects.
- Work collaboratively with Inventory Specialist Lead on additional duties & special projects, as assigned.
- *Schedule: This is a part-time, benefit eligible role defined as 30 hours/week, Monday-Friday (i.e. 9:00am-4:00pm) or equivalent.
*Specific schedule to be determined with Team Lead & Hiring Manager.
What We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 2+ years’ experience working in logistics, shipping & receiving, inventory operations or similar.
- Possess strong knowledge of standard shipping processes & the ability to maintain accurate records.
- A strong communicator who embraces a positive and cooperative attitude with internal & external customers.
- An agile team-player who possesses multitasking, time management, and prioritization skills.
- A strong problem-solver – can handle a variety of situations with enthusiasm & follow-through.
- Computer proficiency (familiarity with Microsoft systems, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) preferred.
- Familiarity with ConnectWise and Great Plains is strongly desired.
- This role requires the ability to lift/carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.