Systems Engineering Monitoring Service Engineer
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
With these aspirations in mind, we have an immediate opening for a full-time Systems Engineering Monitoring Service (SEMS) Engineer. Our Network Monitoring team provides 24x7x365 monitoring to keep on top of the health of clients’ networks. We capture key metrics (e.g., disk space availability, CPU utilization, server room temperature, and bandwidth utilization) to ensure networks are running at peak performance. Importantly, our monitoring service includes automated server patching to protect servers from recently discovered security vulnerabilities.
As a SEMS Engineer, you will seek to understand the impact of network issues as they relate to the continuity of our customer’s business operations. SEMS engineers have an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies in fast-paced environments. Along with exceptional communication and customer service skills, our ideal candidate is a customer-focused, highly motivated individual, with a strong technical background and a demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Monitor customer network activities generated through the N-Central monitoring application.
- Coordinate with vendors, account managers, internal technical and client staff to ensure effective implementation of new systems or systems software.
- Remediate Level 1 tickets generated by N-Central and assigned to the Managed Services queue.
- Identify, prioritize, document, notify and resolve network related issues. Escalate to Tech II, as needed.
- Follow all Systems Engineering development and documentation standards.
- This position requires rotational on-call responsibilities.
What We’re Looking For
- Associates Degree in a computer related field and/or 2+ years of related technical experience required; current A+ or Network+ certification strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Server and desktop OS, Exchange, and desktop applications required.
- Knowledge of N-Central desirable.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical business leaders & coworkers.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks & projects effectively.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A passion for new technology and a track record of continuous learning.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work.
We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.