Technical Project Coordinator | Maine or New Hampshire
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
We’re seeking a full-time Technical Project Coordinator to join our Project Management team. This team plays a critical customer-facing role in coordinating complex projects from production through project close in a collaborative team environment. You’ll see a lot of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in action and learn about how we partner with them to keep their technology secure and reliable while also enabling the power of technology to help their businesses grow.
Project Coordinators work autonomously as well as with internal team members, technical resources, and vendors to deliver technology solutions for our customers. If you enjoy a day-to-day experience that is dynamic and requires the ability to juggle multiple priorities, switch gears, and be “all hands on deck,” then this opportunity is for you!
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, and excellent communication skills. You will assist with project work from start to finish, including monitoring project plans, workflows, milestones, and project hours.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Define and develop resourcing schedules, identify milestones for project implementations and proactively address changes in scope, identify issues and manage changes.
- Work collaboratively with clients, account managers, and engineering teammates to handle service requests and facilitate problem resolution.
- Deliver communication plans and progress reports on an ongoing basis to customers.
- Design and maintain detailed project documents and provide customer support as needed.
- Help design, plan, and schedule various technology solutions for customers across a range of industries.
What We’re Looking For
- Two years of experience coordinating and/or managing multiple technical projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of computer technologies (Cloud, O365, Cybersecurity, Networking, Software, Hardware) is strongly preferred.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize in fast-paced environments.
- Bring a ‘Customer First’ mindset to all aspects of work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to recognize and defuse potential or actual difficult situations and quickly adapt to changing situations and priorities is required.
- A desire to work with teammates from various backgrounds and engage in constant learning opportunities to grow skills.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering has two office locations: Our Portland, Maine office is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants. Our New Hampshire Office is located in the Brady Sullivan Tower just steps from downtown Manchester. Systems Engineering has repeatedly been voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the company’s strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Hybrid Workplace – a mix of onsite and remote work opportunities available.
- Free paid parking in either downtown Portland (just a couple blocks from our office) or at our New Hampshire Office.