Technical Support Analyst
At Systems Engineering, our mission is enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Do you love working with teams, helping people, and learning? If so this may be the opportunity you are looking for. We have an immediate opening to join the Managed IT Services team at Systems Engineering.
Our team plays a critical customer facing role delivering our technology solutions. As a team member you will learn a wide variety of technology solutions across hundreds of customers. Your role will be to help our customers identify and resolve issues.
Every day, you can expect to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds and from different industries. As a result, you will see a lot of small and medium-sized business in action and learn about how we partner with them to keep their systems secure and reliable while also enabling the power of technology to help their businesses grow. To do this, you will provide direct technical software, hardware, and network support for our customers via telephone and email. You will work with teammates and use our platforms to quickly assess the end-users issue and bring it to resolution.
If you want a team environment, work with variety of technologies and customers and be surrounded by continuous learning opportunities, this is a great role for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the core responsibilities of the role:
- Provide direct technical support to customers on system and application support. Identify, research, and solve problems.
- Coordinate with the Systems Engineering team, customer teams, and other technology providers to ensure effective support of new or existing technology solutions.
- Continuously learn and share information with the team, implement improvements and automation to help the team move forward together.
- Assist the delivery of onsite or remote customer training in on background, usage, and standard methodology around technology solutions.
Qualifications and Skills Needed
Having a proven knack for problem solving and ability to communicate clearly with customers are some key skills that will help you succeed in this role. The team is always learning, so a passion for new technology and a track record of continuous learning are also key.
Experience solving problems on various user technology platforms is desired. This includes server and desktop versions of Windows, Mac OS, and various tablet and phone technologies.
Familiarity with network troubleshooting is another great skill that will help you succeed at Systems Engineering. Working in this job you will gain a solid understanding of common network architectures, how distributed networks are configured, and how companies are integrating their offices with data centers and cloud platforms.
Other technologies you will become proficient with include:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Exchange
- Various replication and backup platforms
- Remote desktop technology
- Network switching and firewall platforms
- Various collaboration platforms
Other knowledge and skills:
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to listen, interpret, analyze, and resolve technical issues
- Problem solving techniques and expertise
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple tasks concurrently
Employee-Owned and Proud!
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland close to the waterfront, trails, and restaurants. We have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work and pride ourselves on being active in the community. Being employee owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the SE community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
Some of the perks of employment:
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan),
- Employer 401k matching contributions,
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance,
- Profit sharing,
- Paid Time Off starting with 3 weeks PTO, 9 Paid Holidays, 2 weeks Paid Parental Leave and more,
- Engaging Wellness Programs including onsite health coaching, fitness activities, and learning programs,
- Various company sponsored teams and events,
- Continuous training, certification opportunities and professional development programs,
- Upward mobility in various career paths,
- Dynamic, fun and active community culture,
- Paid Parking in downtown Portland,
- Business casual work attire,
- And more!
Systems Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer