Technology Consultant | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
We have an immediate opening for a Technology Consultant to join the growing Advisory Services team. Technology Consultants work with clients throughout New England to deliver professional consultative services in a variety of areas, including technology strategy, information security, business continuity, compliance, and IT best practices. Consultants work with clients to ensure technology, compliance, and security are managed through organizational policies, strategic IT planning, and taking ownership over roadmap execution.
The ideal candidate has a mix of consulting experience, familiarity with information technology & security, strong written and verbal communication skills, and high attention to detail. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with team members to leverage the best solutions for our clients.
- Work closely with a Senior Technology Consultant to assume a strong leadership role with clients to facilitate the development of critical business documents and policies.
- Provide strategic CIO level consultation to clients. Work independently with clients to ensure an appropriate technology and security posture is developed and maintained.
- Assemble, analyze, and deliver comprehensive IT assessments documenting “State of the State” for clients and making appropriate recommendations. Provide guidance and context in prioritizing and determining the complexity of cultural and technological problems.
- Identify and communicate recommended security and business continuity controls, plans, and deficiencies for clients.
- Develop and maintain information security, acceptable use, and mobile device policies for clients. Facilitate the creation and maintenance of business continuity plans, risk assessments, and help identify compliance gaps.
- Provide input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates for clients.
What We’re Looking For
- BS or similar degree with 5 years of progressively responsible experience in consulting, information technology, security risk assessment, business continuity planning, IT project management, or similar field.
- Client oriented, results driven, and passionate about delivering innovative IT Consulting solutions.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Project management experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills, comfortable meeting with leadership teams.
- Must be willing to take responsibility over the success of IT in client organizations.
- CISSP* or similar certifications preferred
*Can be obtained within six months of hire date
- Experience with HIPAA, CIS, FFIEC, PCI, and/or NIST compliance
- Experience with cloud security technologies, including Microsoft Office 365
- Experience facilitating/conducting risk assessments
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.