Technology Consultant – Security Analyst
Our growing Advisory Services team is seeking a full-time Technology Consultant to work with our clients in a variety of industries throughout New England. In this position, consultants will work with customers to ensure technology, compliance, and security are managed through organizational policies, strategic information technology (IT) planning, and roadmap execution. Our Advisory Services team delivers high-level CISO & CIO professional consultative services in a variety of areas, including Cybersecurity Risk Assessments, Business Continuity Planning, and Information Security Program development and oversight.
The ideal candidate has a mix of consulting experience, familiarity with IT & security, strong written and verbal communication skills, and great attention to detail. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with team members to leverage the best solutions for our clients.
- Work with other technology consultants and C-Suite members within a client organization to lead and facilitate the development of critical security documents, policies, and practices.
- Assemble, analyze, and deliver comprehensive IT risk assessments that document the “State of the State” for clients and make appropriate recommendations.
- Identify and communicate recommended security and business continuity controls, plans, and deficiencies for clients, to create actionable reports for clients.
- Develop, maintain, and update a variety of policy, governance, and security documentation for clients. The documentation includes the following: Information Security, Incident Response, Acceptable Use policies, Business Continuity Plans, and Cybersecurity Risk Assessments that identify compliance gaps.
- Provide guidance and context in prioritizing and determining the complexity of cultural and technological problems.
- Work independently with clients to develop and maintain an appropriate technology and cybersecurity posture, and provide input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, and target dates for clients.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Economics, Risk Management, Information Systems Audit and Control, IT Management, Strategic Management, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science.
- Progressively responsible experience in consulting, IT, Cybersecurity Risk Assessment, business continuity planning, IT project management, or similar field.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills, comfortable meeting with leadership teams.
- A client-oriented, results-driven individual, passionate about delivering IT consulting solutions.
- Experience facilitating and conducting risk assessments, Acceptable Use Policies, IT Policy & Governance documentation, and Business Continuity Plans.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in our Portland, Maine office.
OUR BENEFITS & CULTURE
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland close to the waterfront, trails, and restaurants. We have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work and pride ourselves on being active in the community. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training & certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.