Systems Engineering has immediate availability for a Technology Consultant to join the growing Advisory Services team. Our Technology Consultants work with clients throughout New England to deliver professional consultative services in a variety of areas, including technology strategy, information security, business continuity, compliance, and IT best practices. Technology consultants work with clients to ensure technology, compliance, and security are managed through organizational policies, strategic IT planning, and take ownership over roadmap execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take a strong leadership role with clients to facilitate the development of critical business documents and policies.
- Provide strategic CIO level consultation to clients. Work independently with clients to ensure an appropriate technology and security posture is developed and maintained.
- Assemble, analyze, and deliver comprehensive IT assessments documenting “State of the State” for clients and making appropriate recommendations.
- Provide guidance and context in prioritizing and determining the complexity of cultural and technological problems.
- Identify and communicate recommended security and business continuity controls, plans, and deficiencies for clients.
- Develop and maintain information security, acceptable use, and mobile device policies for clients.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of business continuity plans, risk assessments, and help identify compliance gaps.
- Provide input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates for clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BS or similar degree with five years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
- CISSP or similar preferred. Consulting experience strongly preferred
- Must be willing to take responsibility for the success of IT in client organizations Experience with cloud security technologies, including Microsoft Office 365 is desired
- Must be an excellent written and oral communicator
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience with HIPAA, GLBA, PCI, and/or NIST compliance is a plus
- Experiencing facilitating/conducting risk assessments preferred project management experience preferred
- Customer-oriented, results-driven, and passionate about delivering innovative solutions
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland close to the waterfront, trails, and restaurants. We have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work and pride ourselves on being active in the community. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
Some of the perks of employment:
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Employer 401k matching contributions
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off starting with 3 weeks PTO, 9 Paid Holidays, 2 weeks Paid Parental Leave, and more
- Engaging Wellness Programs including onsite health coaching, fitness activities, and learning programs
- Various company-sponsored teams and events
- Continuous training, certification opportunities, and professional development programs
- Upward mobility in various career paths
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture
- Paid parking in downtown Portland
- Business casual work attire
- And more!