NOC Infrastructure Engineer
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Our Network Operations Center (NOC) is seeking a full-time Infrastructure Engineer to join our talented & growing team of IT Professionals in Portland, Maine. Our NOC team is responsible for helping hundreds of customers throughout Northern New England run premier technology solutions. NOC Engineers are an integral part of a collaborative team responsible for providing Tier-II escalated-level support to our Managed Services customer base.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong technical background, committed to quality engineering and unsurpassed customer service. The right candidate will have great communication and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, leading customers through technology issues from triage to resolution.
- Be accountable for problem resolution in a wide variety of technologies and industries.
- Use exceptional judgment on risk and openly share information with customers and teammates through all phases of the process.
- Build expertise in monitoring, security, and incident management platforms and process.
- Employ and improve Systems Engineering standard methodologies to deliver consistent and effective solutions.
- Mentorship and leadership through sharing knowledge and guidance that improve the overall team effectiveness and enhance the team’s growth.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement and one team mentality.
- Continuously adapting to new technology, regularly learning new stacks while building depth in other areas.
- Practice continuous improvement by using and updating standard methodology documentation, automating recurring tasks, and using creativity to test new solutions.
- Act as a security authority both internally and externally and continuously improve security expertise.
What We’re Looking For
- Associates or bachelor’s degree with a technology emphasis and at least three (3) years related experience supporting diverse technology environments.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Experience supporting any or all the following is a plus: Fortigate, Cisco (Firepower, ASA, Catalyst, Nexus), SonicWall, Meraki, Wireless technologies, and Phones.
- Technical certifications a plus or willingness to obtain certifications.
- Possess strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, as well as committed to being a great teammate; take ownership of assigned tasks and drive to resolution with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to obtain business solutions.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, as needed.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs, including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training as well as certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.