Employee Success Specialist | New Hampshire
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
Our Office of People & Culture is seeking a full-time Employee Success Specialist to join our growing team of employee-owners. This role will provide critical support & capacity in nurturing the employee experience and stewarding our employee-ownership culture through Recruitment, Workforce Development, New Hire Onboarding, Training & Certification Management, and Employee-Owner Engagement activities.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who enjoys working with people, is enthusiastic about building careers for individuals, and seeks to build a positive and engaging workplace culture centered around employee-ownership.
- Lead the coordination, execution, and administration of all recruitment activities, including candidate screening phone interviews, interview scheduling with hiring teams, candidate communication, and data tracking in our HRIS, Paylocity.
- Assist in the design and delivery of new employee orientation, ensuring new hires have an exceptional onboarding experience.
- Coordinate a variety of training, learning, & development programs, certification management, monitor vendor training requirements, and career growth & skill development for employee-owners.
- Lead & implement workforce development initiatives, specifically higher education partnerships, outreach activities, and internship & apprenticeship programming.
- Collaborate and work on a variety of special projects related to employee-owner recognition & appreciation, company events, community impact, employee-ownership, and wellness initiatives.
What We’re Looking For
- A people-centric & team-oriented, results-driven individual, passionate about creating an exceptional employee-owner experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to relate to all internal and external customers, from a wide variety of backgrounds, in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects concurrently while maintaining an eye towards detail.
- A background in recruitment, new hire onboarding, interview coordination, and/or human resources a plus.
- Innovative and creative, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and service delivery with internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to groups of individuals virtually, in person, and in hybrid environments.
- Possess excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, eagerness to solve problems and try out solutions.
- The team is always learning and growing, so a passion for technology and a track record of continuous learning are also key.
- Familiarity with Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams) required. SharePoint, ConnectWise Manage & Paylocity preferred.
- This is a hybrid role with an onsite work requirement at our offices at least 3 days a week.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering has two office locations: Our Portland, Maine office is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. Our Portland office is positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants. Our New Hampshire Office is located in the Brady Sullivan Tower just steps from downtown Manchester.
Being 100% employee-owned, the employee-owners of Systems Engineering are its most valuable resources who have collectively made Systems Engineering a Best Places to Work Company in Maine for nine consecutive years. We pride ourselves on delivering great outcomes for our Culture, Customers, and our Community by cultivating a culture focused on continuous learning, community impact, and Employee-Ownership.
In addition to a competitive salary, our benefits include:
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – As an employee-owner, you directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave.
- Community Engagement benefits including (8) hours of paid community volunteer time & employer-charitable match.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching & onsite fitness facilities at both our Maine & New Hampshire Offices.
- Career mobility and professional development, with employer-supported training, learning, and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Hybrid Workplace, which fosters collaboration, mentorship, and training & development opportunities across our organization.
- Free paid parking at both our Portland & Manchester, NH Offices.