Network Engineer I | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
Our Engineering Team is seeking a full-time Network Engineer to join our talented and growing team of IT Professionals in Portland, Maine. Network Engineers support multiple customers throughout Northern New England to meet their growing IT needs.
Network Engineers work both independently and collaboratively to plan, design, deploy, operate, and optimize IT environments. Network Engineers are responsible for complex configuration, installation, diagnosis, and administration of computer environment software, hardware, and communications to support our customers.
We are seeking a customer-focused, highly motivated individual, with a strong technical background. The right candidate will have great communication skills, an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Provide in house and onsite support as required, including installing software and operating systems; updating programming and performing computer upgrades; building of servers and setting up computers and configurations to meet customer requirements; performing diagnostics, maintenance and repair on server, desktop and notebook computers.
- Deliver effective and efficient customer support in person or through remote management tools including diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware, software, and network support issues.
- Perform periodic systems checks and preventive measures of customer equipment as assigned, review monitoring tickets and take follow up action where necessary.
- Make appropriate use of client documentation, online reference information, and ticket history in resolving technical problems.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, and project a positive company image.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and solutions.
What We’re Looking For
At least 3 years of related professional experience with advanced knowledge of these technologies:
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Windows Server Administration.
- Exchange server and Outlook clients.
- Windows Workstation Administration.
- Demonstrated experience in PC diagnostics, workstation deployment, server troubleshooting end-user problem resolution.
- Customer-focused & results-driven, ability to deliver high quality & timely technical solutions.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to think critically and analytically.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks & projects effectively.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work.
We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.