NOC Core Engineer | New Hampshire
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Our Network Operations Center (NOC) is seeking a full-time Core Engineer to join our talented and growing team of IT Professionals. Our NOC team is responsible for helping hundreds of customers throughout Northern New England run premier technology solutions. NOC Engineers are an integral part of a collaborative team responsible for providing Tier-II escalated-level support to our Managed Services customer base.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong technical background, committed to quality engineering and unsurpassed customer service. The right candidate will have great communication and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, leading customers through technology issues from triage to resolution.
- Be accountable for problem resolution in a wide variety of technologies and industries.
- Use exceptional judgment on risk and openly share information with customers and teammates through all phases of the process.
- Build expertise in monitoring, security, and incident management platforms and process.
- Employ and improve Systems Engineering standard methodologies to deliver consistent and effective solutions.
- Mentorship and Leadership through the sharing of knowledge and guidance that improves the overall team effectiveness and enhances the team’s growth.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement and one team mentality.
- Continuously adapting to new technology, regularly learning new stacks while building depth in other areas.
- Practice continuous improvement by using and updating standard methodology documentation, automating recurring tasks, and using creativity to test new solutions.
- Act as a security authority both internally and externally and continuously improve security expertise.
For immediate consideration, click here to apply.
What We’re Looking For
- 3 years of related experience supporting diverse technology environments and/or associate or bachelor’s degree with a technology emphasis.
- Solid understanding of technology, including operating systems, networking, storage, anti-virus, and backup.
- Experience supporting any or all the following is a plus: Windows Servers, VMware, Citrix, RDS, Exchange, Veeam, AV, O365 + apps.
- Technical certifications a plus or willingness to obtain certifications.
- Possess strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, as well as committed to being a great teammate, take ownership of assigned tasks, and drive to resolution with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to obtain business solutions.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, as needed.
Our Benefits & Culture
Located in the Brady Sullivan Tower just steps from downtown Manchester, we pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.