NOC Network Technician | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
If you are interested in Network Infrastructure and want to gain real-world experience with Switching, Routing, Wireless, Firewalls, and VOIP ... we would love to speak with you! We’re seeking a highly motivated, exceptional problem solver who has a passion for technology, loves to learn, and is a collaborative team player. Every day, our NOC (Network Operations Center) Engineers work on the frontlines with hundreds of customers to troubleshoot advanced technology solutions for small- and medium-sized businesses in northern New England. NOC Engineers are an integral part of a collaborative team responsible for providing Tier-II escalated-level support to our Managed Services customer base.
This opportunity offers robust training, learning, and career development opportunities including on-the-job shadowing and training with senior engineers, company paid training and exam certifications, and leadership development. If you want to become a high-level Network Infrastructure Engineer, this opportunity is for you.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, leading customers through technology issues from triage to resolution.
- Be accountable for problem-solving in a wide variety of technologies and industries.
- Build expertise in monitoring, security, and incident management platforms and process.
- Employ and improve Systems Engineering standard methodologies to deliver great customer outcomes.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement and a one-team mentality.
- Continuously adapting to new technology, regularly learning new stacks while building depth in other areas.
- Practice continuous improvement by using and updating standard methodology documentation, automating recurring tasks, and using creativity to test new solutions.
What We’re Looking For
- Possess foundational knowledge of the OSI Model and other networking principles, as well as interest in building technical skill sets in Routing/Switching, Firewalls, Wireless, and Voice.
- Willingness to obtain certifications, specifically Cisco (CCNA or CCNP) and/or Fortinet (NSE4-8) within 12 months of employment.
- A good attitude and eagerness in taking on and learning new things.
- Possess strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Be a great teammate and is results-driven to meet customer needs.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to obtain business solutions.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, as needed.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.*
*This position requires travel and onsite engagement in New England.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. The Old Port is beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work.
We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. Being employee-owned means you can join the team and directly contribute to the strategic direction, drive improvements to the working environment, and become part of the Systems Engineering community. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.