Service Technician | Maine
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
Our Engineering Team is seeking a full-time Service Technician in Portland, Maine to support multiple customers throughout Northern New England to meet their growing IT needs. This position would be responsible for performing the repair of systems brought in-house or on-site and coordinating service efforts to assist engineers in the repair and deployment of products and services.
We are looking for a customer-focused, highly motivated individual, with an interest in computer repair and possesses exceptional troubleshooting skills. The right candidate will be a great communicator and have an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies.
- Process & repair all manufacturer warranty claims & all non-warranty items received for repair. This includes:
- Processing on-site warranty repair.
- Processing and repair of items brought in-house by engineers.
- Processing and repair of items delivered by clients.
- Complete RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) claims with partners.
- Process the exchange of defective items requiring replacement through manufacturers.
- Maintain and monitor the status of returned items, provide follow through, and advise Customer Service and engineers as necessary.
- Provide telephone support in response to basic customer questions.
- Perform hardware setup and validation, ensuring new system builds are completed according to standard build guidelines.
- Manage customer data during transfer procedures securely while maintaining Systems Engineering confidentiality practices & policies.
- Research issues and provide support to engineers as necessary.
- Maintain vendor certifications for partnership requirements & maintain warranty records per vendor requirements.
For immediate consideration, click here to apply.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 2+ years’ experience with computer hardware and software required; CompTIA and/or A+ certification a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with computer hardware, enjoys working with and learning new technologies.
- Customer-focused & results-driven, able to effectively work and communicate with internal teammates and external clients.
- Be a strong analytical thinker and problem-solver and can work independently.
- Possess strong prioritization skills and can handle multiple tasks & projects concurrently.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Willingness to obtain hardware certifications* necessary to facilitate the repair of the company’s existing hardware vendors.
*Systems Engineering supports employees with all training and certification requirements needed for vendor partnerships.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. It’s a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple of blocks from our office.